Monday, February 22, 2010

Jhotpot khabar....quick meal

Sometimes you don't feel to cook or don't have time to prepare for breakfast or anytime. Though cooking is my passion but sometimes I feel to skip cooking or anything which can be done in less than 15 to 20 minutes. I know everybody want something like that always in your hand. In this section I will share some of the recipes which I try as quick meal or fast cooking as I say. I have collected all these recipes either some website or my friends and family and use with my own touch.

Perugu Pulusu :::

Perugu Pulusu or yogurt curry is very popular preparation in Andhra Pradesh and this is south Indian version of Kadi . There are many ways to prepare this yogurt stew and here I m sharing with you the simplest way what I have learned from father-in-law with few ingredients and minimum time to prepare. 

Ingredients :::
2 tsp of besan / chick peas powder,
4 tsp sour curd / yogurt ,
salt to taste,
For seasoning...
a pinch of mustard seeds,
a pinch of methi / fenugreek seeds,
4-5 nos. fresh curry leaves,
1 no. dry red chilli, broken into 3 pieces
1/6 tsp of hing / asafoetida,
1/4 tsp oil for frying.

Method:::
1. Mix besan and curd together adding water  with a blender or whisk and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add all the ingredients for seasoning one by one and saute until mustard seeds start spluttering. 
3. Add besan and curd mixture into the pan and add little warm water and stir nicely and let it cook on low flame. If you want thinner consistency then add little water and stir . Take off the pan from flame as soon as it starts boiling. Adjust salt here and serve hot with papad, salad and hot steaming rice.
I use home-made yogurt and yogurt or curd should  be sour in taste. You can add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or amchoor powder to make curd more sour in taste. If you are not serving immediately then add 3-4 tsp of warm water while serving as besan will soak water and the curry will become thick.



No comments:

Post a Comment